Under the direction of the Buffet Supervisor the Buffet Cashier and Host is responsible for seating and greeting all guests dining in The Buffet restaurant. The Buffet Cashier is responsible for cashing out the guests at the cashier station of the Restaurant. This includes organizing and transacting payments for the patrons dining. . Will assist in organizing the dining room area and resetting tables throughout the restaurant. The Buffet Cashier maintains a clean and organized station at all times. Will maintain accurate and balanced bank on a nightly basis. Will maintain accurate and organized documentation for internal audit. The Buffet cashier must be highly skilled and passionate for internal and external guest service and will be required to be fully knowledgeable of all menu items to include food, cocktail, spirits, beer and wine offerings of the buffet. The Buffet Cashier must be able to perform like duties in all casino and resort outlets as designated by business demands. Will maintain the highest level of service standards at all times to provide the best dining experience in the area. Our team will demonstrate and promote our We-Ko-Pa-Way Service Culture at all times.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
· One year as a cashier in a restaurant or comparable business.
· 4 or 5 diamond hospitality experience preferred.
· Strong communication skills and passion for hospitality.
· Must have strong administrative skills
· Self-motivated with attention to detail
· Knowledge of reservation systems preferred
· 4 diamond resort or casino experience preferred
- Provides exceptional guest service to both external and internal guests by maintaining and exhibiting the Casino Resort We-Ko-Pa Way Service Standards
- Smile and Greet
- Name and Meet
- Thank you and Goodbye
- Accountable to all standards set forth in the We-Ko-Pa Way Casino Resort service guide.
- Will promptly greet and seat guests in the restaurant
- Will promptly cash out service guest checks for the restaurant.
- Will run POS shift reports as requested for the restaurant.
- Will be able to organize all paperwork, payments and money for internal audit
- Must ensure inventory of all menus to ensure they are clean and free from debris.
- Will engage in the art of upselling and guiding guests in their dining for the property.
- Must be a property ambassador and answer questions as needed
- Must support team with resetting and plotting tables and groups for the restaurant.
- Will provide a memorable experience to each and every guest through heart felt hospitality
- Will assist to maintain the cleanliness of cashier station at all times.
- Must be fully knowledgeable of all restaurant menus, ingredients, allergens and presentations.
- Must be knowledgeable of all health department standards.
- Must receive and have a current Food Handlers Card at all times.
- Must complete the Management Title IV training through Human Resources
- Must complete and maintain DRAM certification or another state recognized training institution for alcohol safety
- Must complete specialty restaurant training and follow all restaurant specific training and SOP’s
- Assists in banquet and catering events for the department
- Performs other related duties as required by department
- Follows all health and safety guidelines to ensure 100% compliance.
- Must be able to lift in excess to 50 pounds and push or pull 100.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain State/Tribal License (including extensive background check).
- Must pass pre-employment drug test.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
· Bend, reach, stand, walk for 34-66% of work day.
· Eye/hand coordination for 34-66% of work day.
· Exposed to hot/cold temperatures for 34-66% of work day.
· Exposed to dust/smoke for 1-33% of work day.
· Sit for 1-33% of work day.
· Must be able to obtain and maintain State/Tribal License (including extensive background check).
· While working on casino floor, employee is exposed to high level of second hand smoke and noise daily
Preference will be given to qualified applicants who are members of federally recognized Indian tribes. To be considered for Indian Preference, you must submit your Certificate of Indian Blood (CIB) with your application.