The Line, under the direction of the Production Lead of the We Ko Pa Casino Resort will be responsible for restocking food items, prepping and placing stock in appropriate locations and maintaining the highest of cleanliness standards. Must be able to work in all areas of need in the Food and Beverage Department as required by business demands.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Minimum requirement of 1 year experience as a prep cook, kitchen utility or line cook. This candidate must be motivated and follow all IHS and food safety guidelines.
- Provides exceptional guest service to both external and internal guests by maintaining and exhibiting the Casino Resort We-Ko-Pa Way Service Standards
- Smile and Greet
- Name and Meet
- Thank you and Goodbye
- Accountable to all standards set forth in the We-Ko-Pa Way Casino Resort service guide.
- Under the supervision of the Production Lead cooks and prepares foods according to menu and restaurants standards.
- Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
- Maintains all areas of the buffet to ensure the area is stocked, organized and following all food safety standards.
- Reads, understands and follows standards recipe specifications for the production of food items in all required outlets
- Responsible to maintain all food quality standards with regards to food safety, time/temp control.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean, organized and sanitized area at all times. Adheres to all state, IHS and departmental standards and regulations of health and food safety.
- Maintains positive communication with all co-workers, leads and chefs.
- Responsible to maintain food storage areas such as pantry, freezers, refrigerators with labeled and dated items.
- Will administer a FIFO process of kitchen maintenance in all areas daily
- Responsible for the maintenance and sanitation of all kitchen surfaces, floors, work stations, trash, equipment, prep areas to ensure the highest of cleanliness standards at all times.
- Will complete all required training as designated by department and enterprise training.
- Must have valid food handler’s permit and be Serve Safe certified.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Must be able to lift in excess to 50 pounds and push or pull 100.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain State/Tribal License (including extensive background check).
- Must pass pre-employment drug test.
- Must be 18 years of age
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
· Bend, reach, stand, walk for 34-66% of work day.
· Eye/hand coordination for 34-66% of work day.
· Exposed to hot/cold temperatures for 34-66% of work day.
· Exposed to dust/smoke for 1-33% of work day.
· Sit for 1-33% of work day.
· Must be able to obtain and maintain State/Tribal License (including extensive background check).
· While working on casino floor, employee is exposed to high level of second hand smoke and noise daily
· While working in the kitchen employee is exposed to heat, fumes, steam, second-hand smoke and high noise levels.
Preference will be given to qualified applicants who are members of federally recognized Indian tribes. To be considered for Indian Preference, you must submit your Certificate of Indian Blood (CIB) with your application.