The Buffet Server will provide exceptional guest service in the The Buffet restaurant at We Ko Pa Casino Resort. The BuffetServer is responsible for taking drink orders and providing efficient table maintanance in The Buffet area. They will follow all guest service requirements provided in the We Ko Pa Way service guide and departmental training and adhere to a 4 diamond service level. Will perform like duties in all casino and resort outlets as designated by business demands. Must be able to work nights, weekends, holidays and events needed by business demands.
Will maintain the highest level of service standards at all times to provide the best dining experience in the area. Our team will demonstrate and promote our We-Ko-Pa-Way Service Culture at all times.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
· One year as a quick service restaurant or sit down a la carte restaurant food server.
· Self-motivated with attention to detail
· 4 diamond resort or casino experience preferred.
· Strong analytical skills
· Must have the ability to memorize menu and upsell menu items
· Must be able to work on Infogenesis point of sale systems.
· Must be able to pass a math test to ensure accurate cash handling transactions
· Must have a valid food handlers certification
· Must complete Title IV certification
· Must complete and maintain a DRAM or similar alcohol awareness certification.
- Provides exceptional guest service to both external and internal guests by maintaining and exhibiting the Casino Resort We-Ko-Pa Way Service Standards
- Smile and Greet
- Name and Meet
- Thank you and Goodbye
- Accountable to all standards set forth in the We-Ko-Pa Way Casino Resort service guide.
- The Buffet Server will provide exceptional service in the restaurant at all times
- They will execute and provide drink service and table maintenance in an efficient and friendly fashion
- The Buffet server will assist overall operations for both the bingo snack bar and casino quick serve restaurants as required by business demands.
- Under the direction of the Buffet Supervisor will work together with the team to ensure a clean work environment with emphasis on 100% compliance of all health and safety standards.
- Strives for guest satisfaction through positive interactions, accuracy of orders and timeliness of service.
- Fills in as needed to provide outstanding service in the restaurant or other areas necessary.
- Will be responsible to complete all required departmental training
- Will work daily to assist with keeping proper stock and inventory of all service station needs and main buffet items.
- Will perform daily opening and closing side work as required by management.
- Addresses any and all food, beverage or service related guest issues and utilizes creativity and resources available to maintain optimum satisfaction. Involves a supervisor or manager when issues arrive that are unable to be solved.
- Works in the restaurant 90% of the time with a “hands-on” mentality for guest service.
- Must be knowledgeable of all health department standards.
- Must receive and have a current Food Handlers Card at all times.
- Must complete the Management Title IV training through Human Resources
- Must complete and maintain DRAM certification or similar certification for alcohol service.
- Assists in banquet and catering events for the department including off site events when we required.
- Performs other related duties as required by department
- Must be able to lift in excess to 50 pounds and push or pull 100.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain State/Tribal License (including extensive background check).
- Must pass pre-employment drug test.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
· Bend, reach, stand, walk for 34-66% of work day.
· Eye/hand coordination for 34-66% of work day.
· Exposed to hot/cold temperatures for 34-66% of work day.
· Exposed to dust/smoke for 1-33% of work day.
· Sit for 1-15% of work day.
· Must be able to obtain and maintain State/Tribal License (including extensive background check).
· While working on casino floor, employee is exposed to high level of second hand smoke and noise daily
Preference will be given to qualified applicants who are members of federally recognized Indian tribes. To be considered for Indian Preference, you must submit your Certificate of Indian Blood (CIB) with your application.