POSITION TO BE FILLED: Chef De Cuisine
DEPARTMENT: Food and Beverage
REPORTS TO: Executive Sous Chef
POSITION STATUS: FULL TIME
START DATE: ASAP
QUALIFICATIONS AND DUTIES:
- Provides exceptional guest service to both external and internal guests by maintaining and exhibiting the Casino Resort We-Ko-Pa Way Service Standards
- Smile and Greet
- Name and Meet
- Thank you and Goodbye
- Accountable to all standards set forth in the We-Ko-Pa Way Casino Resort service guide.
- Under the supervision of the Executive Sous Chef manages costs, innovative and on-trend menu development, plate presentations, production, stewarding and staffing for the specialty restaurant and offers support as needed for all back of house operations.
- Responsible for executing the successful opening of the newest fine dining restaurant in Arizona.
- Oversees execution of the back of house restaurant service for the specialty restaurant and supports resort banquet and special events.
- Maintains culinary training initiatives to ensure all of the culinary team is skilled in food safety, sanitation and cooking procedures. This also includes and is not limited to the use and care of the steel, the use of knives and other culinary tools. Keeps safety and sanitation uppermost in mind.
- New restaurant or resort opening experience highly preferred.
- Must be compliant with all state health regulations and maintain optimum efficiency in food safety and sanitation practices. Must ensure all proper labeling and storage of food while controlling waste. Must be in compliance on all IHS health inspections
- Teaches the art of butchering, carving, and basic cooking fundamentals in each of the areas supervised.
- Oversees back of house cooks, stewards and leads and food preparation of the assigned area of responsibility as required by production sheets.
- Responsible for the efficiency of all service lines to ensure a 4 diamond experience. This requires the oversight and implementation of standard operating procedures, menu spec books, recipes and build-sheets for all outlets including but not limited to: portion control, plate appearance, and proper food preparation.
- Ensures training of all line cooks the importance of sanitation, cleaning, and safety.
- Ensures all employees to “clean as they go”.
- Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
- Candidate is required to take a culinary practical.
- Must have valid food handler’s permit and be Serve Safe certified.
- Must have valid title 4 training and liquor management training.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Must be able to lift in excess to 50 pounds and push or pull 100.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain State/Tribal License (including extensive background check).
- Must pass pre-employment drug test.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum requirement of 3 years’ experience as an Executive Chef or Chef De Cuisine for a diamond rated restaurant or comparable.
- Must be highly skilled in overall kitchen operations and menu planning.
- Must have experience in high volume multi-unit operations.
- 4-5 Diamond resort and/or casino experience preferred.
- Culinary degree preferred.
Preference will be given to qualified applicants who are members of federally recognized Indian tribes. To be considered for Indian Preference, you must submit your Certificate of Indian Blood (CIB) with your application.