The Dishwasher, under the direction of the Stewarding Supervisor of the We Ko Pa Casino Resort will be responsible for cleaning dishes in the restaurants of the We Ko Pa Casino Resort. This includes operating the dish machine, hand washing items, pots and pans and all related tasks. The Dishwasher is responsible maintaining the highest of cleanliness standards. Must be able to work in all areas of need in the Food and Beverage Department as required by business demands.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Minimum requirement of 1 year experience labor experience, preferably resort or casino. This candidate must be motivated and follow all IHS and food safety guidelines.
- Provides exceptional guest service to both external and internal guests by maintaining and exhibiting the Casino Resort We-Ko-Pa Way Service Standards
- Smile and Greet
- Name and Meet
- Thank you and Goodbye
- Accountable to all standards set forth in the We-Ko-Pa Way Casino Resort service guide.
- Under the supervision of the Stewarding Supervisor the Dishwasher maintains the dish room to continually provide china, glass, silver, pots, pans and all small wares thoroughly cleaned for kitchen and dining room use.
- Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
- Reads, understands and follows all operating procedures of the dish room.
- Assists with maintaining the cleanliness of the kitchen including regular pans and pot pickups from the kitchen line.
- Must maintain all trash bins in the kitchen areas.
- Responsible to maintain all food quality standards with regards to food safety, time/temp control.
- Responsible for maintaining proper sanitation levels on all dish machines and sanitation buckets.
- Must follow all IHS and state guidelines on proper ware-washing procedures.
- Maintains positive communication with all co-workers, leads and chefs.
- Responsible to maintain the cleanliness of food storage areas such as pantry, freezers, refrigerators with labeled and dated items.
- Responsible for the maintenance and sanitation of all kitchen surfaces, floors, work stations, trash, prep areas to ensure the highest of cleanliness standards at all times.
- Will complete all required training as designated by department and enterprise training.
- Must have valid food handler’s permit and be Serve Safe certified.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Must be able to lift in excess to 50 pounds and push or pull 100.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain State/Tribal License (including extensive background check).
- Must pass pre-employment drug test.
- Must be 18 years of age
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
· Bend, reach, stand, walk for 34-66% of work day.
· Eye/hand coordination for 34-66% of work day.
· Exposed to hot/cold temperatures for 34-66% of work day.
· Exposed to dust/smoke for 1-33% of work day.
· Sit for 1-33% of work day.
· Must be able to obtain and maintain State/Tribal License (including extensive background check).
· While working on casino floor, employee is exposed to high level of second hand smoke and noise daily
· While working in the kitchen employee is exposed to heat, fumes, steam, second-hand smoke and high noise levels.
Preference will be given to qualified applicants who are members of federally recognized Indian tribes. To be considered for Indian Preference, you must submit your Certificate of Indian Blood (CIB) with your application.