The Market Cashier will provide exceptional guest service in the Market Quick Service Restaurant. The Market Cashier is responsible for ringing in orders and expediting food orders in the Market Quick Service Restaurant. The cashier ensures timely and accurate delivery of guest food orders. The Market Cashier will assist with delivering orders to the dining room. They will follow all guest service requirements provided in the We Ko Pa Way service guide and departmental training and adhere to a 4 diamond service level. Will perform like duties in all casino and resort outlets as designated by business demands. Must be able to work nights, weekends, holidays and events needed by business demands.
Will maintain the highest level of service standards at all times to provide the best dining experience in the area. Our team will demonstrate and promote our We-Ko-Pa-Way Service Culture at all times.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
· One year as a cashier or server in a hospitality related business.
· Self-motivated with attention to detail
· 4 diamond resort or casino experience preferred.
· Strong analytical skills
· Must have the ability to memorize menu and upsell menu items
· Must be able to work on Infogenesis point of sale systems.
· Must be able to pass a math test to ensure accurate cash handling transactions
· Must have a valid food handlers certification
· Must complete Title IV certification
· Must complete and maintain a DRAM or similar alcohol awareness certification.
- Provides exceptional guest service to both external and internal guests by maintaining and exhibiting the Casino Resort We-Ko-Pa Way Service Standards
- Smile and Greet
- Name and Meet
- Thank you and Goodbye
- Accountable to all standards set forth in the We-Ko-Pa Way Casino Resort service guide.
- Take guest orders and place items into the point of sale system. Take payment for food and beverage items and ensure accurate cash handling procedures are followed.
- Assists with delivering accurate orders to the guest seated in the Market dining room.
- The Market Cashier will assist overall operations for Market casino quick serve restaurant and assist in other casino restaurants and outlets as required by business demands.
- Under the direction of the Quick Serve Supervisor will work together with the team to ensure a clean work environment with emphasis on 100% compliance of all health and safety standards.
- Strives for guest satisfaction through positive interactions, accuracy of orders and timeliness of service.
- Fills in as needed to provide outstanding service in quick serve restaurants or other areas necessary.
- Will be responsible to complete all required departmental training
- Will work daily to assist with keeping proper stock and inventory of all snacks, condiments, disposables, beer and wine at the Market.
- Will perform daily opening and closing side work as required by management.
- Addresses any and all food, beverage or service related guest issues and utilizes creativity and resources available to maintain optimum satisfaction. Involves a supervisor or manager when issues arrive that are unable to be solved.
- Works in the restaurant 90% of the time with a “hands-on” mentality for guest service.
- Must be knowledgeable of all health department standards.
- Must receive and have a current Food Handlers Card at all times.
- Must complete the Management Title IV training through Human Resources
- Must complete and maintain DRAM certification or similar certification for alcohol service.
- Assists in banquet and catering events for the department including off site events when we required.
- Performs other related duties as required by department
- Must be able to lift in excess to 50 pounds and push or pull 100.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain State/Tribal License (including extensive background check).
- Must pass pre-employment drug test.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
· Bend, reach, stand, walk for 34-66% of work day.
· Eye/hand coordination for 34-66% of work day.
· Exposed to hot/cold temperatures for 34-66% of work day.
· Exposed to dust/smoke for 1-33% of work day.
· Sit for 1-15% of work day.
· Must be able to obtain and maintain State/Tribal License (including extensive background check).
· While working on casino floor, employee is exposed to high level of second hand smoke and noise daily
Preference will be given to qualified applicants who are members of federally recognized Indian tribes. To be considered for Indian Preference, you must submit your Certificate of Indian Blood (CIB) with your application.