QUALIFICATIONS AND DUTIES:
- Must maintain the We Ko Pa way service culture through positive leadership, communication and a commitment to excellence
- Work collectively with the Fort McDowell Casino front and back of house teams on all events to provide excellent execution for all events
- Participates in the development and implementation of business strategies which are aligned with FMYE’s overall mission, vision values and strategies
- Develops and implements strategies for food and beverage and kitchen operations that support achievement of goals
- Monitors status regularly and adjusts strategies as appropriate
- Develops the annual budget in conjunction with the Director of F&B
- Develops and implements menu and dining strategies which are aligned with the targeted market position
- Keeps current with local competition; adjusts menu periodically to create a “point of difference” in the marketplace
- Researches guest preferences and develops a menu which incorporates local foods and flavors in a luxury dining experience
- Seeks out sources for fresh food; monitors all produce and meat for freshness
- Tailors menu based on product availability; creates distinctive daily specials that incorporate seasonal or special order ingredients
- Maintains product consistency by conducting inspections of seasonings, portion and appearance of food
- Coordinates food service with restaurant and banquet operations
- Manages the kitchen operation
- Develops and implements annual budget; monitors actual versus budgeted expenses
- Develops menu pricing
- Oversees the inventory, purchasing and disbursement of all kitchen supplies
- Maintain the highest professional food quality and sanitation standards
- Schedules staff based upon forecasted volumes
- Prepares reports summarizing food profitability, guest satisfaction, etc
- Leads monthly staff meetings Culinary and Stewarding
- Attends all BEO meetings
- Interviews, selects, trains, supervises and, counsels all employees in the department
- Provide, develop, train, and maintain a professional work force
- Ensures all services to members are conducted in a highly professional and efficient manner
- Ensures a safe working environment and attitude on the part of all employees in the areas of responsibilities
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Must pass pre-employment drug test.
- Must be able to sit, stand, see, hear, stoop, twist and walk
- Must be able to lift in excess to 50 pounds and push or pull 100.
- Must be 21 or older.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma Required
- Degree in Culinary Arts Preferred
- Extensive experience in high volume banquet production required
- 5 years in an Executive Chef position or equivalent for a high volume resort or casino required
- Experience in a 4 or 5 diamond resort required.
Preference will be given to qualified applicants who are members of federally recognized Indian tribes. To be considered for Indian Preference, you must submit your Certificate of Indian Blood (CIB) with your application.