The Senior Revenue Accountant works under the direct supervision of the Controller. Ensures information from revenue source documents are recorded accurately and promptly into the general ledger. Ensures adequate controls are established for gaming and hotel revenue recognition. Adheres to all AML requirements. Assists Controller with implementing and achieving department goals that support overall property strategic tactics. Execute property-specific programs, policies, and procedures as they relate to the gaming regulations, accounting, and internal/external audits. Continually be up to date on changes and trends in the regulatory environment and make changes/updates to existing programs/policies/procedures as needed. Oversee the recording of all revenues and revenue audit supervisor.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- BS/BA degree in accounting.
- 5+ years of audit experience in gaming, and hotel, of which a minimum of two years in a management capacity.JOB COMPLEXITY:
- Perform general accounting duties including but not limited to: audit and maintain records, maintain and balance ledger accounts, prepare journal entries and reconcile fiscal records.
- Prepares daily operating reports for management. Prepares monthly/quarterly Net Win reports for ADOG.
- Must possess a strong detail revenue orientation.
- Ability to resolve revenue variances in a professional manner and work under stressful time constraints.
- Expert skill level in Microsoft Office Excel.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite including Word and Power Point.
- Extensive financial reporting, general ledger analysis and reconciliations in a hotel and gaming accounting environment.
- Problem solving and analytical thinking as necessary to accomplish accounting objectives.
- Knowledgeable of gaming software systems and property management systems (Oasis, Agilysis, Opera).
- Knowledge of gaming regulations, cash reconciliation, balance sheet analysis and monthly closing and financial statement preparation.
- Knowledge of hotel finance accounting.
- Completion of all other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to lift in excess to 50 pounds and push or pull 100.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain State/Tribal License (including extensive background check).
- Must pass pre-employment drug test.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Sit for long periods, stand and reach for objects, and walk throughout a large building
- On the casino floor, employee is exposed to second hand smoke and noise daily
- Eye/hand coordination and wrist motion for 67-100% of work day.
Preference will be given to qualified applicants who are members of federally recognized Indian tribes. To be considered for Indian Preference, you must submit your Certificate of Indian Blood (CIB) with your application
EXCELLENT BENEFITS PACKAGE INCLUDING MEDICAL, VISION, AND DENTAL, MATCHING 401K, LIFE INSURANCE, LTD., AND SUPPLEMENTAL INSURANCE.