A New Multi- Million Dollar Casino Resort is Coming! Bigger, Bolder, Better!
We-Ko-pa Resort and Conference Center and Fort McDowell Casino are taking their next spectacular step, and you can be part of it. In 2020, we will say goodbye to Fort McDowell Casino name and open the doors to the all new We-Ko-Pa Casino Resort. This contemporary, state of the art destination will bring to players and visitors a whole new level of excitement, entertainment, and dining areas.
Included in the new We-Ko-Pa Casino and Resort is a huge gaming floor, garden court, new restaurants, sports bar with entertainment and so much more.
Join Our Team!
Right from the start, your employment experience will be outstanding. We know that our employees are our most important asset. We provide excellent benefits and a family like environment that empowers our people.
Whether you are looking to be part of state of the art gaming, or work with guests at our AAA four diamond hotel, we have a position for you!
QUALIFICATIONS AND DUTIES:
- Provides exceptional guest service to both external and internal guests by maintaining and exhibiting the Casino Resort We-Ko-Pa Way Service Standards
- Smile and Greet
- Name and Meet
- Thank you and Goodbye
- Accountable to all standards set forth in the We-Ko-Pa Way Casino Resort service guide.
- Under the direction of the Fine Dining General Manager will create and maintain all property cocktail, beer and wine menus.
- Will ensure accuracy of wine lists and product availability at all times
- Under the direction of the Restaurant General Manager and Chef will work to design quarterly wine dinners, specialty coursed menus with wine pairings.
- Work to ensure that all products are available and set up including bar prep work, bar mixers, garnishes and applicable items.
- Oversees guest satisfaction through nightly wine table visits in the dining room.
- Assists with training of all fine dining specialty bartenders and servers and ensures consistency in all cocktails in all outlets.
- Responsible for orders and inventory of all specialty wines at the fine dining restaurant. In addition will work with Department heads on beverage programs for casino resort
- Must maintain inventory and accurate information for all wine and cocktail lists
- Must maintain a unique and cutting edge inventory of liquor, wine and spirits.
- Addresses any and all food, beverage or service related guest issues and utilizes creativity and resources available to maintain optimum satisfaction.
- Works on the floor 90% of the time with a “hands-on” mentality for guest service.
- Must be knowledgeable of all health department standards.
- Must have strong leadership and communications skills
- Must be self-motivated with attention to detail
- Must have strong analytical skills
- Must receive and have a current Food Handlers Card at all times.
- Must complete the Management Title IV training through Human Resources
- Assists in banquet and catering events for the department including off site events.
- Oversees all beverage related menus regularly in restaurant and through online resources to ensure 100% accuracy
- Performs other related duties as required by department
- Must be able to lift in excess to 50 pounds and push or pull 100.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain State/Tribal License (including extensive background check).
- Must pass pre-employment drug test.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Two years experience in an a la carte restaurant as sommelier or beverage supervisor
- Must be a minimum level 2 Sommelier from Court of Master’s Program.
- Level 1 Cicerone preferred.
- Extensive beer, liquor knowledge required. Knowledge of beverage operations preferred
- 4 diamond resort or casino experience preferred
- Must have strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Agilysis and Stratton Warren or comparable inventory systems.
Preference will be given to qualified applicants who are members of federally recognized Indian tribes. To be considered for Indian Preference, you must submit your Certificate of Indian Blood (CIB) with your application.