Under the direction of the WKP Sports Bar General Manager the WKP Barback is responsible maintain the stock and inventory of the bar. This includes all ingredients for specialty cocktails and themed beverages including beer, wine and spirts. In addition the barback assist to ensure a clean and organized bar at all times. The barback will assist daily with the service bar for the main dining room up to and including wine service, cocktails and beer for the WKP Sports Bar. The WKP barback must be cross-trained in cocktail execution and be fully knowledgeable of all cocktail, spirits, beer and wine offerings of the WKP Sports Bar. The WKP barback must be able to perform like duties in all casino and resort outlets as designated by business demands. Will maintain the highest level of service standards at all times to provide the best dining experience in the area. Our team will demonstrate and promote our We-Ko-Pa-Way Service Culture at all times.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
· Two years in an a la carte restaurant a bartender or barback.
· Must have extensive beer, liquor and wine knowledge
· Must be able to assist the execution of beverage service at all times.
· Strong communication skills and passion for hospitality.
· Self-motivated with attention to detail
· Knowledge of beverage operations preferred
· 4 diamond resort or casino experience preferred
- Provides exceptional guest service to both external and internal guests by maintaining and exhibiting the Casino Resort We-Ko-Pa Way Service Standards
- Smile and Greet
- Name and Meet
- Thank you and Goodbye
- Accountable to all standards set forth in the We-Ko-Pa Way Casino Resort service guide.
- Will be responsible for the inventory and stocking of the WKP Sports Bar on a daily basis.
- Will execute all opening and closing side work including preparing and or ordering all bar garnishes, fresh squeezed juices, bar supplies, mixers and all other requirements based on restaurant brand standards
- Will assist in executing bar service for the service bar for the dining room as needed on a nightly basis.
- Will maintain the cleanliness of the bar, bar coolers, counter with a dedication to deep cleaning and front of house sanitation
- Must ensure, when required, the consistency in the quality of all cocktails, wine and beer for all guest orders.
- Must assist to maintain daily inventory and maintain accurate on hand product and ingredients for all beer, wine, spirits and cocktail lists.
- Must be fully knowledgeable of all restaurant menus, ingredients, allergens and presentations.
- Addresses any and all food, beverage or service related guest issues and utilizes creativity and resources available to maintain optimum satisfaction.
- Works on the floor 80% of the time with a “hands-on” mentality for guest service.
- Must be knowledgeable of all health department standards.
- Must receive and have a current Food Handlers Card at all times.
- Must complete and maintain DRAM certification or another state recognized training institution for alcohol safety
- Must complete and follow all restaurant specific training and SOP’s
- Assists in banquet and catering events for the department
- Assists to ensure restaurant menus are accurate and free of debris.
- Performs other related duties as required by department
- Follows all health and safety guidelines to ensure 100% compliance.
- Must be able to lift in excess to 50 pounds and push or pull 100.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain State/Tribal License (including extensive background check).
- Must pass pre-employment drug test.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
· Bend, reach, stand, walk for 34-66% of work day.
· Eye/hand coordination for 34-66% of work day.
· Exposed to hot/cold temperatures for 34-66% of work day.
· Exposed to dust/smoke for 1-33% of work day.
· Sit for 1-33% of work day.
· Must be able to obtain and maintain State/Tribal License (including extensive background check).
· While working on casino floor, employee is exposed to high level of second hand smoke and noise daily
Preference will be given to qualified applicants who are members of federally recognized Indian tribes. To be considered for Indian Preference, you must submit your Certificate of Indian Blood (CIB) with your application.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $13.00 - $17.00 per hour