Under the direction of the Sports Bar Supervisor the Sports Bar Food Runner is responsible for food delivery and execution at the highest level in the WKP Sports and Entertainment Restaurant. This includes providing detailed description and verbiage while serving food to the guests. In addition the Sports Bar Food Runner will be responsible for maintaining a clean and organized station at all times. The Runner will assist the Chefs will all needs in the expo area to ensure the execution of each dish. The Runner must be highly skilled and passionate for guest service and will be required to be fully knowledgeable of all food menu items and offerings of the restaurant. The Runner must be able to perform like duties in all casino and resort outlets as designated by business demands. Will maintain the highest level of service standards at all times to provide the best dining experience in the area. Our team will demonstrate and promote our We-Ko-Pa-Way Service Culture at all times.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
· One years as a server, busser or runner in an a la carte bar or restaurant preferred.
· 4 or 5 diamond restaurant experience strongly preferred.
· Must have the ability to learn and retain all menu information
· Must be able to execute high end service at a 4 diamond level on a daily basis
· Strong communication skills and passion for hospitality.
· Self-motivated with attention to detail
· 4 diamond resort or casino experience preferred
- Provides exceptional guest service to both external and internal guests by maintaining and exhibiting the Casino Resort We-Ko-Pa Way Service Standards
- Smile and Greet
- Name and Meet
- Thank you and Goodbye
- Accountable to all standards set forth in the We-Ko-Pa Way Casino Resort service guide.
- Will execute all opening and closing side work including preparing and or ordering all restaurant needs and all other requirements based on restaurant brand standards.
- Will ensure the accuracy of all orders, correct seat positions and delivery of items with flawless execution at all times.
- Will ensure meticulous table maintenance to all guest dining in the specialty restaurant and ensure a team first mentality
- Will ensure timeliness of food delivery and accuracy of food running.
- Will ensure synchronized service in the delivery of each course
- Will provide a memorable experience to each and every guest through heart felt hospitality
- Will execute table side items with an emphasis on safety standards and brand standards of food menu execution.
- Will maintain the cleanliness of service stations, dining room and bar at all times.
- Must ensure consistency in the quality of all guest orders before service.
- Must assist to maintain daily inventory and maintain accurate on hand product and ingredients for all service stations and expo line.
- Must be fully knowledgeable of all restaurant menus, ingredients, allergens and presentations.
- Addresses any and all food, beverage or service related guest issues and utilizes creativity and resources available to maintain optimum satisfaction.
- Works on the floor 80% of the time with a “hands-on” mentality for guest service.
- Must be knowledgeable of all health department standards.
- Must receive and have a current Food Handlers Card at all times.
- Must complete the Management Title IV training through Human Resources
- Must complete and maintain DRAM certification or another state recognized training institution for alcohol safety
- Must complete specialty restaurant training and follow all restaurant specific training and SOP’s
- Assists in banquet and catering events for the department
- Assists to ensure restaurant menus are accurate and free of debris.
- Performs other related duties as required by department
- Follows all health and safety guidelines to ensure 100% compliance.
- Must be able to lift in excess to 50 pounds and push or pull 100.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain State/Tribal License (including extensive background check).
- Must pass pre-employment drug test.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
· Bend, reach, stand, walk for 34-66% of work day.
· Eye/hand coordination for 34-66% of work day.
· Exposed to hot/cold temperatures for 34-66% of work day.
· Exposed to dust/smoke for 1-33% of work day.
· Sit for 1-33% of work day.
· Must be able to obtain and maintain State/Tribal License (including extensive background check).
· While working on casino floor, employee is exposed to high level of second hand smoke and noise daily
Preference will be given to qualified applicants who are members of federally recognized Indian tribes. To be considered for Indian Preference, you must submit your Certificate of Indian Blood (CIB) with your application.